Being a true leader isn’t about a title and taking all the credit. True leaders are genuine people with a commitment and willingness to serve a greater purpose. True leaders know that success doesn’t come without teamwork and collaboration. True leaders are courageous, inspiring, and motivational.
Here are a few quotes I’ve compiled from some great leaders to inspire you to become the best leader possible.
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. – John C. Maxwell
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – John Quincy Adams
- No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it. – Andrew Carnegie
- Successful leaders see the opportunities in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity. – Reed Markham
- A leader who produces other leaders multiplies their influences. – John C. Maxwell
- To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less. – Andre Malraux
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly. – Jim Rohn
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others. – Bill Gates
- Leaders aren’t born, they are made. They are made just like anything else, through hard work. That’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. – Vince Lombardi
- Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. – Bill Bradley
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. – John F. Kennedy
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. – Jack Welch
- A leader is one who sees more than others see, who sees farther than others see, and who sees before others see. – Leroy Eimes
- Great leaders find ways to connect with their people and help them fulfill their potential. – Steven J. Stowell
- Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. – Brian Tracy
In summary, Leadership isn’t really about you. It’s about others, it’s about the big picture. To be a great leader, you actually have to be fairly selfless.